Sunday, April 7, 2013

Character Package



So here is my final character design project of the year. I made an attempt to finish strong on this one, but in light of all the other assignments I have - as well as some other cool animationy' things that, depending on future events, may or may not be elaborated on - I just found myself 'settling' more than I would have liked.

"No one remembers how fast it was done, only how well it was done." - Matt Williames

I'm disappointed that I couldn't live up to that mantra, but sadly, I'm human. But how cool would it be if I was like a robot human hybrid instead... Yeah, that would be cool.

That being said - the bit about art, not about robots - I am still fairly pleased with how it turned out, and I definitely feel I've improved in my sense of design, and ability to execute it.

2 comments:

Brandt Wong said...

Wow! Your work is amazing. Even though I'm older than you, it's an inspiration to see someone work so hard at animation and be so good at such a young age. I just found your blog and I have to say that your drawing has improved so much. I can't wait to see what you do next. I'm just graduating from college now, but I'm nowhere close to where I have to be as an animator. You can see my work at brandtwong.wordpress.com. It's encouraging/ depressing to see such good work. Keep it up.

Omar said...

Thank you so much for the kind words!!
And the work on your blog is nothing to shrug at, in particular, I really like your hand drawn animation!

Thanks for stopping by! :)